Best Bench vises are essential to any working space, shed or garage because of their versatile nature. They complement and support the work of different labor groups from machinists to woodworkers by providing the support and stability to ensure their work in 100% accurate, precise and quality assured. The right bench vise will allow the user to fully concentrate on the task at hand without having their attention divided into different angles.Whether you are a woodworker, a machinist or even a welder, a sturdy bench vise should be on the top of your things to get list if you are planning to build a workshop!
This extremely flexible, versatile yet sturdy tool complements any labor job by lending a supporting hand when the job requires intricacies and accuracy. The very factors of stability and grp render this tool irreplaceable!
Main types of Best Bench Vises
- Main types of Best Bench Vises
- Key advantages of getting best bench vises
- Key features of the best bench vises
- 1. Yost Vises FSV-4 4″ Heavy-Duty Forged Steel Bench Vise
- 2. TEKTON 6-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54006
- 3. Yost 750-E Rotating Bench Vise
- 4. Wilton 11106 Wilton Bench Vise
- 5. IRWIN Tools Multi-Purpose Bench Vise, 5-Inch (4935505)
- 6. Performance Tool MV8 Hammer Tough 8″ Machinist Vise
- 7. Yost LV-4 Home Vise 4-1/2″
- 8. TEKTON 4-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54004
- 9. Yost Vises 445 4.5″ Bench Vise
- 10. Irwin 226361 Woodworker’s Vise, 6 1/2 Inch
- 11. H 15-FS (TM) Brand 5″ Bench Vise
- 12. IRWIN Clamp-On Vise, 3″, 226303
- 13. Goplus 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty
- 14. Topeakmart 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise
- 15. Olympia Tool 38-605 5″ Bench Vise
While all bench vises are built around the common principles of stability and grip, slight variations in their models can help set them apart from one another. The most common kinds of models found in bench grinders fall under any one of the headings given below:
Portable bench vises
Some of the models of bench vises found in the market are portable in nature. These are light weight and can be easily moved around, repositioned at different angles and relocated depending on the needs of the project. Similarly, when not in use they can be stored away, and this works especially well when users have limited space in their workshops or on their workbenches. However, their portable nature limits their ability to undertake heavy duty jobs as they are associated with the risk of tumbling over in-case they don’t clamp on to the workspace properly. Similarly, there is always a chance that they may not adequately fit onto all surfaces, especially smooth oily ones.
Permanent bench vises
Unlike portable bench vises, the permanent ones are securely bolted in to the workbench of any workshop and workstation. These work most effectively in jobs which can be dangerous if not provided a good grip and stable base like drilling and sawing. Similarly, with these you have more stability and don’t have to worry about it falling or tumbling over and, in the process, damaging the user’s workpiece as well. Consequently, they also occasionally come with an additional clap on feature given on the side that helps amplify the stable structure of the machine. (we have also written a comprehesive guide about the finish and brad nailers ).
Bench vise with a rotating head and swivel
Occasionally bench vises only feature a rotating swivel however, some models feature a rotating head as well which can add to the flexibility of the work. With both pieces adequately rotating and featuring a locking mechanism as well along side for the user to lock the angle at which they prefer working, they will be better able to address the irregulates presented in the work project.
Bench vise with a large anvil
Some models within bench vises come with a large smooth surface anvil that helps support the project at hand by providing extra work space. Most of the time users don’t have a large enough workspace where they can work openly and leisurely however with a large anvil the user gets a smooth surface which will not only project the surface of the project from getting damaged but also make sure that the work piece is adequately gripped.
Key advantages of getting best bench vises
Bench vises are the silent yet one of the most crucial tools to be included in any workshop. When it comes to strength, stability, grip and endurance, a sturdy bench vise comes handy in different kinds of labor jobs varying from metal work to wood work! Here are a couple of advantages associated with getting angle grinders:
- Bench vises are built to ensure stability in work projects so that accuracy and control are maintained throughout the job.
- Unlike regular clamps, bench vises can be bolted down in work benches which make them immovable hence allowing the user more control.
- Bench vises are multipurpose in nature and come in handy to workmen in all different labor occupations ranging from woodwork to metal work.
- Bench vises provide ultimate grip to the workpiece when working on any project. With the grip already provided by the vise, the user can focus on the task at hand better.
Key features of the best bench vises
Bench vices may look very basic and user friendly but choosing the right bench vise in dependent on understanding the features that make it exceptional. Choosing the right bench vise is largely associated with the needs of the project which occasionally dominate the features one must look out for. Here are some of the common features found in the best of the best bench vises found online:
It is always a good idea to look for a bench vise that comes with a rotating swivel base because it allows the user to reach all the complex angles of the project with ease. Reaching all the complex angles on your own can become quite taxing especially when you have to divide your attention from the task at hand to figuring out how to get to the most unconventional tight corners. While the best ones come with 360 degrees rotation, having a 120 rotation is good enough to get most jobs done and still allows for flexibility and versatility.
One of the most important features to look out for is the grip that the bench vise is advertising. The grip is perhaps the most important feature of the bench vise as it complements the stability factor to a large extent. Hence looking for jaws that align evenly should be on the top of your list. Similarly, make sure that it jaws match with the task that you are about to set yourself on. For instance, when working on wooden projects one must add wooden cushions or cardboard cushions to the jaws to protect the surface of the work pieve.
An anvil works like an additional working space on the work bench which is often a luxurywhich most spaces don’t have. Hence it is always a good idea to look for a bench vise that comes with a smooth and flat surfaced anvil because otherwise the friction created during work can damage the workpiece incase the surface is not smooth enough. Furthermore, it also allows users more control on their work as the workpiece is already held in place while they concentrate on the job in front of them.
Multiple variation in jaws
A bench vise with multiple different types of jaws only helps increase its versatility. Users can enjoy using the bench vise for different jobs without having to worry about getting a new bench vise for each project. Moreover, jaw width and depth also matter when it comes to variation and can affect the kind of project you are working on due to variation in project requirements.
While a rotatable base helps the user work on different angles easily, a rotatable head compliments this feature. The user can stay firm in place and move the bench vise to not only match the needs of the project but also their personal preferences.(we have written a guide for choosing the best dual fuel generators)
Adequate locking mechanism
A bench wise that comes with mounting holes is always sturdy and stable. The mounting holes allow users to bolt the machine into the working bench to make sure that it doesn’t slide and move when in use. Similarly, there are also slide locking mechanisms given which also help hold the bench vise in place during use. Together both these mechanisms ensure a stable platform to get the job done!
Sturdy built (cast iron, forged steel etc.)
Most bench vise models are either made from cast iron or forged steel. Both these materials are extremely sturdy in nature and will last a long time. However, with cast iron it is always a good idea to have it powder brush painted to make sure that it doesn’t start eroding away via rust soon which can affect its overall lifespan. Moreover, try to look for a bench vise that comes with replaceable parts which will significantly reduce costs and increase your bench vise’s overall life span. This is because the user will not have to invest in a completely new bench vise but can conveniently replace the worn-down parts like the jaws.
Having rubber washers on the handles of the bench vise help prevent it from sliding away unnecessarily which would lead to less grip and hence may affect the project adversely. Hence it is always a good idea to have rubber washers on your handles as in most cases these are also replaceable hence ensuring longer control and precision.
Having already established the main features to look out for when opting for a bench vise to complement your tool shed, we have also put together a list of the best of the best bench vise models found online along with their usage so that you can confidently make a decision rather than getting confused with the ample amount of information available online.
1. Yost Vises FSV-4 4″ Heavy-Duty Forged Steel Bench Vise
One of the sturdiest bench vise in the industry the Yost Vises FSV-4 4″ Heavy-Duty Forged Steel Bench Vise with 360-Degree Swivel Base is built to ensure durability, versatility, and longevity for home-based workmen.
Forged steel body
The best feature of the Yost Vises FSV-4 4″ Heavy-Duty Forged Steel Bench Vise with 360-Degree Swivel Base is that it is made from one of the sturdiest materials found in the industry. This bench vise is made from 90,000 PSI forged steel which ensures durability along with longevity of the machine. The extra strength of the machine ensures a sturdy grip through difficult and enduring projects.
Having replaceable jaws in a bench vise allows the users to only replace parts of the machine rather than spending a lot of money on replacing the whole machine altogether. The Yost Vises FSV-4 4″ Heavy-Duty Forged Steel Bench Vise with 360-Degree Swivel Base comes with replaceable machinist and pipe jaws made from forged steel that provide adequate gripping surfaces better than cast iron ones which are more susceptible to rusting and erosion.
The Yost Vises FSV-4 4″ Heavy-Duty Forged Steel Bench Vise with 360-Degree Swivel Base comes with a fully rotating base that makes it easy to adjust the jaws of the machine to the user’s personal preferences. It also allows locking in any preferred position to get the job done more effectively. Furthermore, a rotating swivel allows users to get to all the complex angles in the work piece easily so that irregularities can be managed efficiently.
- The machine comes with a large anvil base which complements the user’s work on the bench vise.
- For a secure base, the manufacturers have added three mounting holes to the base that help hold the bench vise in place.
- The replaceable jaws allow users to change the jaws when they wear out rather than replacing the whole machine.
- Comes users complained that the jaws of the bench vise don’t align evenly.
2. TEKTON 6-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54006
The perfect combination of cast iron and steel the TEKTON 6-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54006 is built to provide sturdiness in the most difficult of jobs! The cast iron construction with the steel jaws beautifully compliments any home-based workshop!
Adequate locking mechanism
To lock the machine in place, the manufacturers of the TEKTON 6-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54006 have added dual lock down nuts on the sides as well as mounting holes that can be drilled through to hold the machine steady in one place. Using the lock down nuts with the mounting holes provide a better grip while working.
Made from 30,000 PSI cast iron material, the TEKTON 6-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54006 is the epitome of durability and extreme sturdiness. This feature allows this bench vise to work well with low to medium level projects in a home-based workshop. Furthermore, the jaws of the machine are made from steel which enhances the overall longevity of the machine.
Large work base
The TEKTON 6-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54006 comes with a large anvil that allows the user to work on their project alongside while still attached to the bench vise. The smooth flat surface of the anvil ensures that your project is not damaged while it’s still clamped to the bench vise.
- The swivel on the TEKTON 6-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54006 will rotate at 120 degrees to provide versatility and support in difficult projects.
- The anvil is smooth and polished to make sure shaping metal surfaces is easy and consistent.
- The steel jaws of the TEKTON 6-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54006 are replaceable hence reducing costs associated with replacing the whole bench vise.
- Some users complained that the machine’s 30,000 PSI cast iron is not sturdy as it broke down after only 3 months of usage.
3. Yost 750-E Rotating Bench Vise
If you are looking for a bench vise that is not only sturdy but also versatile in nature, then choosing the Yost 750-E Rotating Bench Vise is a good idea! The bench vise comes with all the essential features needed for a home base workshop.
The Yost 750-E Rotating Bench Vise is built with cast iron which is one of the sturdiest materials found in the market. Cast iron is extremely durable which makes this bench vise last a life time without requiring any additional maintenance. Moreover, it comes with three different jaw sets, the machinist, pipe and V-jaws that help hold the work material in place for better results.
When it comes to tools, versatility makes them usable in multiple situations. The Yost 750-E Rotating Bench Vise has a swivel base that can rotate a full 360 degrees allowing the user to adjust the machine to their preferences as well as the needs of the project at hand. Similarly, the head of the bench vise is also built to rotate at 360 degrees which makes it more flexible and allows the user to easily access complex corners.
One of the best features of the Yost 750-E Rotating Bench Vise is that it allows users to clamp it against multiple surfaces with the side locking mechanism provided. At the same time users can also secure the machine by bolting it down through the four holes given to help attach it to any working base. The mounting holes are adequately distributed across the base of the machine to provide stability by dividing the weight evenly across its limbs.
- Comes with a large anvil work surface that makes it easy for the user to work on their project while it is still attached to the bench vise.
- The 360 degrees rotatable base allows for flexibility especially when handling difficult projects.
- The different jaws given in the bench vise make it easy to work on different materials easily.
- Rotating Head For Clamping Material At Any Angle
- Large built-in anvil for flat shaping
- The case iron make is susceptible to rusting and becoming brittle especially in cold weather.
4. Wilton 11106 Wilton Bench Vise
Looking for a medium duty bench vise? Well, with the Wilton 11106 Wilton Bench Vise, Jaw Width 6-Inch, Jaw Opening 6-Inch you will be able to work on most home based projects.
Overall, the bench vise is made from high strength steel with complementing grooved steel jaws. Steel is a robust material and can easily work well in general purpose and home based light duty projects without breaking apart. The steel material helps identify this bench vise as multipurpose especially when it comes to home-based projects.
Even with the workpiece attached to the bench vise, users can work on their projects easily with the help of the large anvil working base given in the Wilton 11106 Wilton Bench Vise, Jaw Width 6-Inch, Jaw Opening 6-Inch. The anvil is smooth which protects the workpiece from getting damaged.
The Wilton 11106 Wilton Bench Vise, Jaw Width 6-Inch, Jaw Opening 6-Inch comes with a lockdown rotatable swivel base that not only increases flexibility when working on different projects but also helps hold down the machine in place. The swivel rotates at 90 degrees to allow users to reach difficult angles comfortably. It can be bolted down via the mounting holes given.
- The grooved steel jaw insets help hold the work piece in place with a solid grip so that the user doesn’t have to worry about accuracy.
- The large anvil surface of the machine allows users to work on their projects easily while they are still clamped on.
- The high strength steel used to make the bench vise is has a lot of structural stability which enhances longevity.
- The bench vise does not come with an instruction manual to help identify the needed bolt size among other general instructions.
5. IRWIN Tools Multi-Purpose Bench Vise, 5-Inch (4935505)
With a multipurpose rotating jaw and swivel the IRWIN Tools Multi-Purpose Bench Vise, 5-Inch (4935505) makes sure users can work on projects with different needs without requiring the user to move around the workpiece at uncomfortable angles which would make it difficult to reach difficult spots and spaces.
The IRWIN Tools Multi-Purpose Bench Vise, 5-Inch (4935505) comes with a smooth anvil that provides a work base alongside the bench vise. Users can work on their projects while its clamped on to ensure stability during work. Furthermore, the smooth surface ensures that the surfaces of the project at hand is not disturbed or damaged. The anvil works as a complementary work surface especially in cramped places where getting a large work surface is not easy.
The 360-degree rotating swivel of the IRWIN Tools Multi-Purpose Bench Vise, 5-Inch (4935505) provides users with flexibility when working on difficult and challenging projects. The handling of the project becomes easy and convenient and especially when dealing with irregularities which can be easy to angle out without a rotating swivel. The user can conveniently reach all corners of the workpiece without having to adjust or move around to much.
Rotating pipe jaws
One of the best features of the IRWIN Tools Multi-Purpose Bench Vise, 5-Inch (4935505) is that it not only incorporates a fully rotating swivel but also comes with a rotating head that allows the users to adjust the jaws of the machine according to the needs of the project at hand.
- The bench vise can hold the project at hand in multiple ways and angles which makes it extremely versatile.
- The rotating swivel allows users to reach unconventional parts and tight corners of the project easily.
- The bench vise can be bolted to a number of different surfaces for better stability.
- Some users complained that the jaws of the bench vise would snap off if subjected to extreme pressures.
6. Performance Tool MV8 Hammer Tough 8″ Machinist Vise
With the heavy duty durable design of the Performance Tool MV8 Hammer Tough 8″ Machinist Vise users can enjoy working in their home workshops on multiple do-it-yourself projects without worrying about spending excessive money on hiring a professional to do it for them!
Locking down mechanisms
The rotating swivel base of the Performance Tool MV8 Hammer Tough 8″ Machinist Vise features three mounting holes that are spread out evenly to help hold the machine in place when in use. The vise can be bolted down as well ad lockdown with the two side locks given for additional stability during usage. By bolting the machine down, users are able to ensure that the machine will not move sideways as it is screwed up.
Built in anvil
One of the best features of the Performance Tool MV8 Hammer Tough 8″ Machinist Vise is that it comes with a built-in anvil that helps users work on their projects while it is still clamped on to the vise. The extended smooth surface of the vise helps protect the project from any further damages all the while supporting its structure while still attached to the vise.
Cast iron construction
The Performance Tool MV8 Hammer Tough 8″ Machinist Vise features a cast iron construction with steel guide bar. This combination of two sturdy materials helps increase the life of the bench vise as well as ensuring durability of the machine. It is also double powder coat finished to protect it from erosion and getting rusty over the years.
- The double powder coat with chrome plated finish also enhances the overall look of the bench vise.
- The swivel of the Performance Tool MV8 Hammer Tough 8″ Machinist Vise rotates at 360 degrees hence providing the user ample angles to work on difficult areas conveniently.
- The built-in anvil complements the user’s workbench by adding more space to work on projects easily and conveniently.
- Some users complained that the jaws of the vise did not evenly align the rest of the body of the vise.
7. Yost LV-4 Home Vise 4-1/2″
If you are looking for a versatile and extremely durable bench vise, then you should definitely consider the Yost LV-4 Home Vise 4-1/2″! its cast iron and steel construction ensure longevity while the rotating swivel ensures versatility.
One of the best features of the Yost LV-4 Home Vise 4-1/2″ is that it comes with a 240-degree rotating swivel that allows flexibility in easily reaching unconventional and difficult parts in any project. The user can easily position the machine according to personal preferences and needs of the project.
Unlike previous models, the Yost LV-4 Home Vise 4-1/2″ comes with four mounting holes that allow the users to bolt down the machine on different work benches. The mounting holes are well spaced apart, and the improved design makes sure that the machine is not susceptible to excessive side to side movements that would damage the project or reduce overall efficiency.
The Yost LV-4 Home Vise 4-1/2″ is made from cast iron with steel jaws. This combination of cast iron and steel vise makes this one of the sturdiest bench vise in the industry. The cast iron is extremely durable and will not break down under pressure. The steel vise jaws help holds different materials with increased efficiency.
- The main screw of the bench vise is zinc plated and with a C locking collar it can be screwed in and out fast and conveniently.
- The bench vise is painted with a durable blue powder coat to prevent the machine from rusting.
- The locking down mechanism reduces unnecessary movement and provides a solid and stable base.
- The bolts for the mounting holes are sold separately hence increasing costs.
8. TEKTON 4-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54004
Smooth and convenient functioning the TEKTON 4-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54004 is built to support the needs of the project at hand with increased convenience and comfort hence making it an all-purpose tool that compliments any workspace!
The TEKTON 4-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54004 is built with a combination of 30,000 PSI of cast iron couples with serrated steel jaws ensures longevity and durability through the years. The serrated steel jaws are known for having a solid grip which is important for holding any material in place without causing damage to it.
Perhaps the best feature of the TEKTON 4-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54004 is that it comes with a 120-degree rotating swivel that allows extra flexibility especially when working on projects that have angles hard to reach. The rotating swivel makes the machine versatile by rotating to comfortable angles.
To hold the machine, steady the manufacturers of the TEKTON 4-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54004 have incorporated three mounting holes to the base so that the machine can be easily bolted into place to ensure stability while the user’s work on their projects. there are also lock down nuts given on the side which help hold the machine in place as well.
- The TEKTON 4-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54004 comes with a smooth polished steel anvil that allows the user ample space to work on theprotect while it’s still clamped on.
- The screw in the machine is acme treated which allows for smoothly screwing on and unscrewing as well.
- The TEKTON 4-Inch Swivel Bench Vise | 54004 is an all-purpose tool and will hold any work piece securely and steadily.
- The cast iron in the machine is susceptible to rusting if not adequately maintained.
9. Yost Vises 445 4.5″ Bench Vise
If you are worried about replacing your bench vise every few years, then you should invest in the Yost Vises 445 4.5″ Utility Combination Pipe and Bench Vise because it is not only durable but allows the user to replace its machinist jaws without having to replace the whole machine.
One of the best features of the Yost Vises 445 4.5″ Utility Combination Pipe and Bench Vise is that it comes with a 360-degree rotatable swivel base that can be held down with side locks. The swivel allows the user to adequately adjust the machine to the needs of the project so that the user can easily reach multiple angles conveniently.
Cast iron body
The Yost Vises 445 4.5″ Utility Combination Pipe and Bench Vise is extremely durable for it features a cast iron body that is extremely robust and sturdy. The cast iron body is known to withstand high pressure without breaking down under pressure. It also ensures the long life of the machine so that the user is not forced to replace it every few years.
While the diamond serrated machinist jaws of the Yost Vises 445 4.5″ Utility Combination Pipe and Bench Vise are easily replaceable, the manufacturers have also added a pair of cast iron permanent pipe jaws to the machine to allow for better grip for any work piece. The machinist jaws can be easily replaced hence preventing the user from replacing the whole machine.
- There are rubber washers given on the handle that prevent it from slipping and losing their grip.
- The flat smooth surface of the anvil makes sure that the work piece is not damaged while working on it already clamped to the bench vise.
- The bench vise can also be bolted into place with the help of the mounting holes for better stability.
- Some users complained that the brush paint on the cast iron bench vise easily chips off hence exposing it to moisture and other agents that can cause it to deteriorate faster.
10. Irwin 226361 Woodworker’s Vise, 6 1/2 Inch
For the homebased woodworker, the Irwin 226361 Woodworker’s Vise, 6 1/2 Inch is the perfect bench vise to have! It is built to accommodate light duty wood working tasks with increased efficiency and ease hence making it the perfect addition to any home based workshop.
Toe in mechanism
The lower jaw of the Irwin 226361 Woodworker’s Vise, 6 1/2 Inch toes in toward the top jaw with the help of the main screw to ensure a solid and sturdy grip. The jaws come together evenly to hold the work piece in place so that the user can easily work around it. Furthermore, this minimalistic design makes it easy to balance the machine on any work bench.
Unlike most bench vises the Irwin 226361 Woodworker’s Vise 6 1/2 Inch has a square design for a body which not only reduces size and spacing but adequately mounts on top of workbenches in an even and robust manner. The bench vise comes with very basic features that also help maintain it easily and user it without needing any extra professional help. Moreover, the square design reduces space by n=mounting under the work bench adequately.
Additional wooden cheeks
The manufacturers of the Irwin 226361 Woodworker’s Vise, 6 1/2 Inch have kept additional provision for users to add wooden cheeks to the bench vise in case they are worried about the jaws damaging the work piece in question. The wooden cheeks also help ensure a sturdy grip on the project without slipping or uneven alignment.
- The durable forged iron of the Irwin 226361 Woodworker’s Vise, 6 1/2 Inch is powder coated to protect against erosion.
- The square body of the bench vise allows for convenient under bench mounting hence reducing space and unnecessary height.
- The Irwin 226361 Woodworker’s Vise, 6 1/2 Inch works well with light duty woodworking tasks.
- The design doesn’t come with a rotating swivel or additional anvil.
11. H 15-FS (TM) Brand 5″ Bench Vise
With incomparable clamping power, the H 15-FS (TM) Brand 5″ heavy duty Bench Vise Anvil Forged.360 Swivel Locking Base Desktop Clamp (16LBS), FS Blue Design is built to hold multiple different workpieces with its forged steel jobs without coming apart.
Double cast steel built
The H 15-FS (TM) Brand 5″ heavy duty Bench Vise Anvil Forged.360 Swivel Locking Base Desktop Clamp (16LBS), FS Blue Design is extremely robust and durable in nature which means that it is built to last a lifetime. The double cast steel construction of the bench vise makes sure that it can withstand high pressure jobs without breaking down.
Multiple locking mechanisms of the H 15-FS (TM) Brand 5″ heavy duty Bench Vise Anvil Forged.360 Swivel Locking Base Desktop Clamp (16LBS), FS Blue Design make sure that the tool stays in place when used for multiple purposes. There are mounting holes given in the base that allow users to bolt down the machine. At the same time there are also side locks given to hold the workbench.
Perhaps the best feature of the H 15-FS (TM) Brand 5″ heavy-duty Bench Vise Anvil Forged.360 Swivel Locking Base Desktop Clamp (16LBS), FS Blue Design is that it comes with replaceable forged steel jaws which means that the user does not have to replace the whole bench vise and can only replace specific parts that get worn down over the years.
- The swivel base of the H 15-FS (TM) Brand 5″ eavyduty Bench Vise Anvil Forged.360 Swivel Locking Base Desktop Clamp (16LBS), FS Blue Design is rotatable hence allowing users to easily work on complex angles.
- The forged steel jaws are easily replaceable making this bench vise last a long time.
- The clamping power of the serrated steel jaws ensure that the work piece is adequately held in place when the machine is in use.
- Some users complained that the jaws of the bench vise are not adequately aligned parallel to each other.
12. IRWIN Clamp-On Vise, 3″, 226303
Looking for an easy to carry, sturdy yet portable bench vise? Well with the IRWIN Clamp-On Vise, 3″, 226303 you get all the advanced and fancy features of a regular bench vise except the mounting holes which would take away its portable nature!
Clamp on locking mechanism
The clamp on mechanism featured in the IRWIN Clamp-On Vise, 3″, 226303 makes this vise portable in nature. You can easily attach it to several different workbenches without requiring any extra bolting to mount it in. the 1250 pounds of clamp force works adequately for quick regular jobs that don’t require any heavy-duty work. Users are also advised to use cardboard or fabric when clamping the machine in order to prevent it from marring the surface of the workbench.
Forged iron built
One of the best features of this portable bench vise is that it is made from forged iron which only weighs a total of 4 pounds. This allows users to easily relocate the tool which worrying about bulkiness and excessive weight issues. Moreover, the sturdy finish on the bench vise protects it from corrosion and chipping which would reduce the overall life of the tool.
The IRWIN Clamp-On Vise, 3″, 226303 is built to work well on smaller and lighter objects especially because that the jaws will only open at a 3-inch-wide angle. Furthermore, there is also a 3-inch-deep throat which also limits users using this bench vise for larger work pieces. Furthermore, the shorter width of the jaws along with the clamping mechanism make it a great tool for light duty jobs.
- The clamping mechanism helps relocate the bench vise to several different work benches easily and conveniently.
- The anvil given in the bench vise is built to withstand light duty jobs like light hammering and forming.
- The stainless-steel levers are rust and corrosion resistant hence making it easy to twist them smoothly.
- The main center operating screw is uncovered which means that it will require additional maintenance and upkeep.
13. Goplus 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty
A brilliant bench vise built to support the needs of medium to heavy duty projects which require precision, control and supporting features to hold the workpiece properly. The Goplus 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty is built to last a lifetime due to its sturdy cast steel construction.
The Goplus 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty is made from sturdy cast steel construction which is extremely robust and durable in nature. It not only increases the overall life of the bench vise but also ensures that it is not damaged by external impact. The cast steel construction is great for light to medium impact jobs and provides flexibility when tackling difficult projects.
One of the best features of the Goplus 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty is that it comes with a reliable anvil base which helpd work on the work piece without requiring any additional workbench space. Moreover, you can work on your project while it is still clamped on to the bench vise hence providing more control and precision in the job at hand.
The Goplus 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty comes with a fully adjustable swivel that can easily rotate a full 360 degrees to meet the needs of different projects. The user can easily rotate the work piece to any direction to reach the hard and unconventional angles easily. Furthermore, users can also lock the machine after rotating it in any direction.
- The Goplus 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty is multipurpose in nature allowing users to work with metal and wood.
- The power serrated jaws provide a lot of grip and power strength to hold the work piece in place.
- The large anvil workspace is great to work with different sized workpieces.
- Some users complained that the jaws don’t align evenly and require an additional supporting material to help hold the workpiece in place.
14. Topeakmart 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise
Built to fit any small size workbench easily without taking any excessive space, the Topeakmart 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty New is small, compact and removable to meet the needs of a home-based handyman that may need to relocate the bench vise to meet the needs of the work at hand.
Cast iron construction
The cast iron construction of the Topeakmart 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty New ensures longevity and durability. The bench vise works incredibly under pressure without breaking apart. The cast iron construction is also powder coated to increase its overall life and protect it from corroding by rusting.
Multiple locking mechanisms
For increased stability, the manufacturers of the Topeakmart 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty New have not only added mounting holes to the swivel base but also a side locking clamp on mechanism to help hold the machine steady when in use. Users can bolt the bench vise into any workbench and at the same time also clamp it down so that it doesn’t move sideways when in use.
The Topeakmart 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty New features a rotatable swivel base which allows users to turn the machine in any direction to support the needs of the project at hand. The user only needs to clamp the work piece and move the machine to the required angle and lock it in place. The 360-degree rotation provides users with enough angles to reach the most unconventional of parts.
- The Topeakmart 5″ Mechanic Bench Vise Table Top Clamp Press Locking Swivel Base Heavy Duty New is very user friendly in nature and doesn’t require any additional training.
- The jaws of the bench wise can open to a total width of 5 inches to accommodate a variety of different work pieces easily.
- Once the bench vise is bolted and clamped on to the workbench, it is extremely stable and helps users reach the accuracy they are looking for from their work.
- The bolts for mounting the bench vise are not included in the packaging hence increasing overall costs.
15. Olympia Tool 38-605 5″ Bench Vise
A sturdy and extremely robust bench vise the Olympia Tool 38-605 5-Inch Bench Vise is built with 20,000PSI casting material which is meant to last a lifetime! Moreover, the manufacturers have also added replaceable jaw faces which reduce costs by preventing the replacement of the whole machine!
Replaceable steel jaws
One of the best features of the Olympia Tool 38-605 5-Inch Bench Vise is that it comes with replaceable steel jaws. Although the steel material is extremely durable and robust hence making it last a longtime, however the replaceable feature of these jaws makes it easy for the user to stay within budget as they will only have to replace specific parts and not the whole machine.
Having a rotatable swivel allows users to work on any angle of the workpiece without having to worry about changing sides or moving around. The Olympia Tool 38-605 5-Inch Bench Vise has a swivel that can rotate at a 270 degrees angle hence providing users with ample flexibility when working on a project with many irregularities. Furthermore, it makes it extremely comfortable and versatile.
Powder coat finish
Without an additional coat of sturdy paint on any tool, it is more susceptible to erosion however, the manufacturers of the Olympia Tool 38-605 5-Inch Bench Vise have added a powder coat finish to the tool to not only give it a beautiful finish but also ensure that it stays protected from early onset of rusting, nicks and scratches.
- While the hardened steel jaw faces of the Olympia Tool 38-605 5-Inch Bench Vise are replaceable, the pipe jaws are a permanent feature.
- There is a polished anvil surfaces given with the machine which adds extra workspace and helps work on the workpiece which it is clamped in place.
- The bench vise comes with mounting holes that allow users to bolt it to any workbench for increased stability.
- Some users complained that the jaws of the machine do not align with each other evenly.