Milwaukee M12 Heated Jacket Kit Review
The best heated jacket is a must-have investment to make winters more comfortable. When the temperatures drop and a regular jacket won’t suffice, it is good to have one that comes with a built-in heating element to provide the warmth that you need.
While the possibilities abound, one product we can highly recommend is the Milwaukee M12 heated jacket. It is from Milwaukee, a popular manufacturer of tools, including hammers, drills, combo kits, grinders, and band saws.
Is the Milwaukee M12 heated jacket the right choice for you? This short review will help you decide.
What to Look for in a Heated Jacket?
Before we delve into the specifics of the Milwaukee M12 Heated Jacket Kit, here are some crucial factors to consider.
- Material: The material of the heated jacket impacts comfort, performance, and price, among other things. Polyester and leather are some of the common materials. Choose a material that will withstand the heat of time while also providing excellent heat retention.
- Fit: Getting the right fit is critical. Sizing can vary from one manufacturer to another. Consult the sizing chart so you can decide which one is best fitted for your body. Getting one that is too small or too big can compromise heating effectiveness and comfort.
- Weather-Resistance: A good heated jacket is one that can withstand harsh weather conditions. It must resist rain and snow, among other external elements. Whether it is wet or dry, the functionality should never be compromised.
- Safety: Pay attention as well to the safety features of the heated jacket. It must not overheat. The electronic components, especially the battery, should have built-in protective features for your peace of mind.
- Battery: Most heated jackets will have a battery that powers the heating component. Consider the battery life, including how long does it take to have it fully charged. The battery should also be lightweight and compact. Otherwise, the jacket will be bulky and heavy.
Milwaukee M12 Heated Jacket Main Features
From digital multimeters to pliers, Milwaukee has built a solid reputation as a global brand. That said, we expect the Milwaukee M12 heated jacket kit to have exceptional features.
Tough Shell Stretch Polyester
The main material that this jacket uses is reflective of top-notch quality. It has five times longer life compared to most of its competitors. Even after several washes and years of use, we are confident that the quality remains the same. This is unlike others that might end up shrinking and disintegrating.
One-Touch LED Controller
This feature guarantees ease of use. Controlling the different functions of the jacket will be a snap. You can set it in your desired setting without any fuzz. You can strategically position the controller so you can make quick adjustments.
FreeFlex Mobility Gusset
Have you ever used a jacket that makes it difficult to move? Such will not happen when you are using this product.
M12 REDLITHIUM 2.0 Compact Battery
The battery that comes with this kit is one of the best you will find in the market. It has a runtime of approximately eight hours when fully-charged. The best thing is that it is also compatible with other Milwaukee tools, including a digital tool wrench and a high-speed ratchet. If you have a Milwaukee tool set, chances are, you will also have an M12 battery.
Need more compelling reasons to purchase the M12 Heated Jacket? Here are a few benefits that can convince you to pick this heated jacket.
- Comfortable: The best thing about this heated jacket is the comfort that it can offer. More than being warm, the jacket uses a nice fabric that will make it easy for you to move, as long as you get the right size.
- Comes with Multiple Pockets: From your mobile phone to wallet, you can keep everything handy when you are wearing this jacket. It has three outer pockets and an inner pocket, all of which have zippers.
- Offers Several Adjustments: Customizing the fit of this jacket is easy. There is an extended back and cuffs so you can ensure the perfect fit. Even if your hand moves, the jacket will have you fully covered.
- Has Various Heat Settings: We also love how this jacket provides the user with complete heat control. It has three heat zones, which you can adjust separately.
- Durable Construction: The durability of this jacket is one more thing that we would like to commend. This makes sure that the jacket will last through the years. Even after a long time, you can expect the same exceptional functionality. Another thing that contributes to the durability of the jacket is its wind and water resistance.
In the spirit of fairness, let’s also have a quick rundown of the potential issues that you can experience in this heated jacket:
- Potential Sizing Issues: There are some users who reported having sizing issues. We recommend that you thouroughly consult the manufacturer’s sizing chart to be sure that you will be getting the right fit.
- Expensive: This is perhaps the biggest issue with this jacket. Undoubtedly, this will be more expensive than a regular jacket. However, the cost is justifiable given the advanced features and functionalities of this jacket.
Do not let the price of the Milwaukee M12 heated jacket discourage you from buying it. While the price tag may seem hefty, it is worth every dollar. The brand name itself is already a compelling reason to purchase this heated jacket. More so, it is made using durable materials and it promotes your highest level of comfort. It offers an adjustable heating element, which will let you control three zones independently. The battery is also notable, especially if you have Milwaukee power tools that use the M12 lithium battery.