POWER TOOLS || MITER SAWS
Miter Saws || Workbench / Table Saw / Router Table
Any workshop is incomplete without a best miter saws.The best miter saw allows to make accurate miters and crosscuts in the wood by pulling a backsaw or a mounted circular saw down onto a board. The abrasive cut off saw and miter saw are commonly called chop saw or drop saw. The best miter saw’s blade is mounted on a swing arm that pivots up, down, left and right. You can make quick, clean and efficient cuts to make window casings, door frames, crown mouldings, picture frames, etc.
In the standard position, the blade is at 90° from the work surface. The workpiece is held against the fence that steadies the piece while delivering precise cuts at an angle. The primary feature on a miter saw is the index that allows the user to choose the angle of the blade in relation to the fence.Most best miter saws are marked like a protractor to the index with quick settings to common angles such as 15°, 22.5°, 30°, and 45°.
Best for woodworkers and carpenters
1. Metabo HPT Miter Saw (C10FSHCT)
With its powerful motor and simple sliding system, this is another product that deserves your attention.
Even the pros will agree that this is one of the exceptional picks in a saturated market. This dual compound miter saw is a must-have for woodworkers and carpenters, among other experts who need a dependable tool.
Design and Build
In terms of its design, one of the highlights of this miter saw is its 10-inch blade. This is large enough for most applications and tough to saw different materials without any problem.
Speaking of its design, one thing that we love the most is how compact it is. This is unlike other models that demand a lot of space in your workshop. The slide system adjustment of this product is one of the reasons why the footprint is minimized. You can flush install the unit against a wall or on a benchtop. Regardless, it won’t compromise your movements.
One of the most important parts of this miter saw is the upfront bevel lock. This will let you adjust the bevel angles depending on a specific application. Based on the technical specifications, you can change the bevel angle from zero to 48 degrees.We also like the large base of the unit despite its compact body. This helps in keeping the saw stable even as it exerts maximum power.
This is one of our favorite miter saws because of its functional design. It has tons of features to ensure top-notch functions in different applications. The motor has more power and more torque compared to its previous version, so you can be confident that it will handle more applications with ease. From cabinets to windows, you will love how reliable it is in cutting wood.
To make it more functional even in difficult scenarios, it comes with a laser marking system. This will help improve accuracy in different jobs. There is no need to use any tool for marking the material.
Plus, it has a zero rear clearance system. This allows the saw to slide along fixed rails. Your movements will be smoother while exerting the same power.
It is also a good thing that you can customize the miter angle. On the right side, you can adjust the angle from 0 to 60 degrees. On the other hand, it is adjustable from 0 to 55 degrees on the left side.
Looking at the technical specifications of this miter saw, it is easy to be impressed. You can be confident that it is built to deliver the best performance even in the toughest applications. Among others, the latter is possible because of its powerful 15-amp motor. The manufacturer notes that this is sufficient even for the most demanding applications and materials. This shows that the saw has a high cutting power hard to rival by many of its competitors.
Aside from those that have been mentioned above, here are other notable features that you will find in this product:
• LED Light: You don’t need to have a hard time when you are using this equipment. The built-in LED is a nice touch, providing the illumination that you need. This also increases the chances that your work will be more accurate.
• Positive Stops and Indications: With these, the measurements are easy to read, which is also helpful in improving accuracy with the use of this miter saw. Additionally, it allows you to transition quicker between angles, improving efficiency on the job.
• 5-Year Warranty: For your peace of mind, it is good to know that the manufacturer is offering a 5-year warranty. If there are problems in craftsmanship, let the manufacturer know and they will do what it takes to make things right.
• Affordable: The price of this miter saw is one of its best assets. Even if you are on a budget, no need to worry about compromising quality. It is built with the needs of budget-conscious buyers in mind. The best thing is that despite being easy on the wallet, it is big in terms of performance.
• Easy to Use: There are mixed reviews about how user-friendly this model is. Nonetheless, if you will ask for our opinion, we would say that it is easy to operate. Even as a beginner, no need to worry of complications. A few adjustments are necessary outside of the box, but with a bit of a patience, it won’t be too much of a problem.
• Excellent Stock Blade: The blade is one of the most important parts of any saw as it will be largely indicative of its performance. Luckily, this product comes with a high-quality stock blade, so there’s no need to change it with an after-market part. On the first use and even through time, the blade performs as it should!
• Good for Compact Spaces: If you have a small workshop, then you have another good reason to invest in this option for the best miter saw. With a length of over 30 inches and height of over 26 inches, it is small enough to fit in most workplaces. Despite its compact body, it does not compromise power in any way.
• Flimsy Fence: The fence along the back of the saw can have durability issues. There are reports about how it can easily bend. Eventually, this will compromise the structural integrity of the saw and can even be a safety hazard. We recommend regular care and maintenance to prevent early breakage.
• Difficulty in Doing 90-degree Cuts: Generally, it is user-friendly. However, because of the torque and the design, there are some who complain about how getting a 90-degree cut is tricky. It wasn’t positioned close to 90 degrees. Luckily, it is easy to adjust the fence so that you can customize it to the desired degree depending on what the job requires.
2. DEWALT Miter Saw (DWS779)
While the DIY-ers love its usability, experts value the high exactness and smooth activity. As should be obvious, this model is an overall miter saw with a vast number of valuable highlights.
With regards to wellbeing, it’s very acceptable. It’s uplifting news for the unpracticed purchasers because a great many people battle to make sense of how these things work.
Subsequently, some of them get harmed during the procedure to maintain a strategic distance from extreme wounds, ensure you read the manual first, before connecting the machine just because the most significant bit of leeway of this specific unit is its flexibility. In less complicated words, it very well may be utilized for various applications without you considering the similarity and other unessential stuff.
Features of DWS-779
· Your buy incorporates One DEWALT DWS779 Sliding Compound Cord Miter Saw, 12-Inch, Carbide Blade, One Blade Wrench.
· Instrument measurements: 17″ H x 24.75″ L. Instrument Weight: 56 lbs. Most extreme Cutting Thickness: 6.75 inches.
· Different details: 15 Amps, 12″ Blade width, 5/8″ or 1″ Arbor size. 3800 RPM engine. Sort of milter saw: Slide
· Select back fence configuration slices up to 2×14 dimensional timber at 90 degrees and 2×12 at 45 degrees. Miter saw doesn’t accompany LED (sold independently) or laser cutting aide.
· Super-proficient residue assortment framework catches more than 75 per cent of residue produced.
· Upheld by DEWALT’S multi-year constrained guarantee.
Designing of the DWS 779
To the extent the structure goes, it’s ordinary and generally standard. The cutting edge can tilt in the two bearings permitting you to make exactness slices without modifying or align anything. The back-fence configuration allows you to slice up to 2×16 dimensional woods at 90 degrees and 2×12 at 45 degrees. All you need to do to make a calculated slice is tilt the cutting edge to a legitimate position.
The incredible 15-amp engine doesn’t vibrate as much as one would anticipate.As we previously referenced, this is probably the most straightforward model to use inside this classification. The arrangement is direct, and even though it requires some gathering, the manual is the elegantly composed and great significance, you shouldn’t have any issues with regards to assembling this thing.
The most significant part of the Delta Sliding Compound Miter Saw is that it will give an exact cut. The back-fence configuration aids a way that clients can cut up 2×16-dimensional wood at a 90-degree point and 2×12 at a 45-degree edge. Originating from a durable, minimal saw, it conveys precisely effortlessly of utilization. DeWalt’s Cutline Blade Positioning System is the thing that gives the client the direction to create exact and noticeable cuts.
The Cutline Blade Positioning System basically provides alteration free diagram sign. The miter saw is consistent with decrease and adequately flexible. The 15-amp engine is another explanation the DeWalt miter saw performs so well. It gives expanded force and toughness with the 800 RPM.
Compound miter saws will incorporate a portion of similar highlights. When searching for an alternative that works for you, the best activity is consistently looking at a few saws that are comparative. There will always be likenesses in differing brands, be that as it may, DeWalt is enhancing a portion of the comparable highlights so purchasers can figure out what implies the most to them.
DeWalt has set aside some effort to consummate their cinching framework with the double flat steel rails, making the braces progressively creative. Another element that may get ignored is the fence. On many miter saws, the fence include appears the overlooked one with no additional ruffles. For the DeWalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw, it has a tall, sliding wall that can bolster crown forming up to 7-1/2″ settled.
While the DeWalt brand is notable for its instruments in general, concerning miter saws, there has been some blended audits. One thing to know about with this saw is that for the expert, the positive miter stops are marginally off.
The beneficial thing about this one proviso is that if the client is performing small occupations that are not decided off its accurate exactness, the stops won’t meddle with taking care of business. In any case, for the expert that is inclined to precision, this will distract the undertaking.
There is no capacity for the brace on this DeWalt model. In contrast to different bits of this instrument, the pair accompanies no position. It would be a usability factor for the client on the off chance that it could bolt to the back, in any case, because of the plan, this is beyond the realm of imagination. Clients should be cautious when managing any force apparatus and this DeWalt model is no exemption.
The plastic cam some portion of this saw is uncovered, and clients should be careful while putting away as not to sever it. This is a heavier saw that isn’t portably agreeable. Even though the saw accompanies a handle, clients might need to consider putting on remain with wheels so it very well may be effortlessly moved.
DeWalt has made a miter saw with a couple of highlights that settles on it an essential and straightforward decision for clients. With its Cutline Blade Positioning System, the cut lines are increasingly visible and made to give the client the best direction when being used. The all-inclusive force and sturdiness of this instrument from the 15-amp engine permit the client to play out some exact cuts honestly.
Like any force instrument, it has its downsides. Specifically, the non-delicate beginning and a couple of configuration imperfections in regards to tidy assortment and capacity. At this value point, the DeWalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw is a strong buy, and with its three-year guarantee, clients have the trust in realizing they are getting a quality instrument.
Best for experienced woodworker
3. SKIL 3821-01 Miter Saw
With its basic and user-friendly design, this is an excellent investment for a top-notch power tool.
As a compound miter saw, however, take note that it does not slide, which is perhaps its biggest shortcoming, especially if you want to work on versatile materials. Despite this, it creates amazing cuts!
Design and Build
From the first time you see this product, you will agree with us that it is durable. It is made using solid materials, and judging from the way they are constructed, it seems that they will withstand the test of time.
One of the design features that we like in this product is the carrying handle. This is a part of the head assembly, which also means that the unit is portable. Whenever you have to bring it to a different place, you will not complain because it is also lightweight. At 42.5 pounds, it is portable.
There are different design features to ensure your safety. One of our favorites is the lower blade guard. It protects your hand from the blade as it spins. The guard retracts as you lower the blade.
Whether you are a DIYer or an experienced woodworker, this is a notable option for the best miter saws. It has a functional and practical design that is effortless for almost anyone to figure out. From cutting baseboards to crown molding, regardless if you are working with lumber or hardwood, this is a versatile compound miter saw.
More so, we love how you can easily adjust the speed of the motor. By changing the speed, you can choose what is most suitable for a specific material. Whether you are cutting wood or plastic, among other materials, you can set the right speed for the job!
Like most of the miter saws on our list, it comes with a 15-amp motor. This seems to be the gold standard in many entry-level and intermediate miter saws, so you can be confident that it is capable of handling most materials in light to medium-duty applications.
Looking at the technical specifications of the product, it seems that it is a very capable miter saw. It has a 15-amp motor, arbor size of .625-inch, blade diameter of 12 inches, and cord length of 6 feet. To add, it can cut a maximum thickness of 3.5 inches. It can also make bevel cuts of up to 47 degrees, depending on whether you are cutting on the left or right side of the compound miter saw.
Below is a quick rundown of the other features that you will find at SKIL 3821-01 miter saw.
• Electric Brake: This is a common feature that you will find in exceptional compound miter saws. This will stop the blade once you release the trigger, which will also prevent the saw from being a safety hazard.
• Laser Cutline: A. common feature that you will find in compound miter saws, the laser cutline is beneficial in improving accuracy. You don’t have to measure manually. Let the laser do it for you and you can be confident that it is right! This will identify where exactly the blade will have a contact with the material that you are cutting. It also provides a preview of where the saw will be cutting, allowing you to make the necessary adjustments.
• Nine Positive Stops: This is useful in terms of setting the miter angle. It is also found in many other compound miter saws. It is effortless to position the material and secure it once you are ready to cut. In turn, the material will be stable for better precision. The stops will range from 0 to 45 inches on both sides of the compound miter saw.
• Comes with Extension Wings: If you have to work on larger materials, then you will appreciate how it is inclusive of extension wings. It accommodates even longer boards. You can add it on the left or right rails depending where you need additional space for the material you are working on.
• Easy to Assemble: Right out of the box, the assembly is pretty straightforward. The manufacturer provides a detailed manual. You can also access it online. There is a comprehensive diagram that shows the different parts of the tool and what they do, so you can easily understand how it works.
• Holds the Material Securely: Another good thing about this miter saw is that it comes with built-in clamps. This will secure the material on your workspace, making sure that it does not move as it is cut. This is also one of the reasons why this compound miter saw can deliver exceptional accuracy in different jobs.
• Keeps the Work Area Clean: If you have already used a compound miter saw in the past, you will agree that dust is a persistent problem. Luckily, with this product, there is a built-in dust collection system. The port will prevent the tiny dust particles from creating a mess. Plus, they won’t get on your face so you can work more comfortably and efficiently.
• Lacks Advanced Features: While we appreciate the simplicity of this miter saw, this is not one thing that will work for other people. Especially if you are a professional looking for the most advanced features, you might not like how basic it is. For instance, some might like a miter saw that comes with an LCD screen.
• Jerks when it Starts: One of the common problems with this model is that it does not come with a soft start. This makes it more prone to jerking when it is starting. It can eventually loosen from its base because of the frequent shuddering when you start the motor. See to it that it is secured tightly on the workbench.
4. DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw (DWS709)
Carpentry is a technique that requires information, aptitude, and the correct devices to be effective. Joinery that fits well doesn’t occur by some coincidence; however, is painstakingly determined from idea to wrap up. One bit of hardware that is irreplaceable to this procedure is the compound miter saw. The double angle sliding compound saw has made complex slices a joy to make.
Any woodworker carrying out their specialty will have in any event two close by consistently. At Kent Made, LLC, my child and I have five closes by, running from my multi-year old Ridgid 12-inch to his new Festool Kapex. Indeed, even with a substantial gathering to browsed, when Pro Tools Reviews inquired as to whether I needed to trial the DeWalt DWS709 12-Inch Miter Saw, I was unable to state no.
From the outset, the DeWalt DWS709 appears the child sibling of the 780 arrangement, yet at close $ 200.00 less cut from your wallet, it merits a more critical look.
First Impression and General things about DWS-709
The unit comes very much bundled like all DeWalt items. Formed froth makes sure about the saw for travel and shields it well from harm. Our test saw was in ideal condition upon appearance with all parts set up and prepared to unload.
Once unloaded and gathered, I checked the alignment of the edge guide and saw it as 1/32 “out of square. It’s not a great deal for a saw that has been delivered from the production line, yet worth the push to zero out.
DeWalt makes this alteration simple with a basic releasing
of the 4-star jolts making sure about the treated steel detent measure. Similar to the business standard, it is additionally rearranged by the gracefully of a convenient onboard wrench for merely such an event. After alteration, I checked the incline modification and saw it as significant. The 709 alters the slant from the back like most mixes – straightforward however powerful. The miter detents are strong and viable. DeWalt works admirably with the base forms, and the processing is valid and level.
The list of capabilities is quite essential – to be expected for a Pro-focused on a miter saw at this value point. There are miter edges up to 60 degrees on the privilege and 50 degrees to one side. Slanting can go up to 49 degrees in the two bearings. The two changes are made effectively and efficiently. Out of the case, this miter saw accompanies a sharp edge change wrench, dust sack, crosscutting carbide-tipped cutting edge, and hold down clip.
The cut limit is the place things get intriguing. With the fence introduced, I had the option to make a crosscut 9-1/2 creeps at 90 degrees miter, and 6-5/8 crawls at 45 degrees. This appears to be short for a 12-inch sliding miter saw, and it is. For longer crosscuts, there is a Special Setup to expand the range.
• Sliding – Rail System
Here’s a massive saw with a coordinated sliding element, permitting you to make massive cuts effectively and inside 1 go of the cutting edge. DeWalt utilizes the dependable double rail sliding framework, which accommodates stable crosscutting along the whole width of the board.
• Cross Cuts
Standard crosscutting with this apparatus is astounding. With the typical arrangement, you can crosscut at 90 degrees, up to 14″. This is 2″ more than most 10″ sliding miter saws, which typically maximize at 12″. Also, with this model, you can utilize the restrictive back-fence highlight to grow the crosscut limit up to a fantastic 16″. At last, you can cut full-estimate divider racking material in one pass!
• Miter Cuts
Miters with this saw are likewise extremely excellent. You can cut a bar that is 4″ x 8″ in a single go, at a 45-degree edge. That is no little accomplishment. These limits of crosscuts and miter cuts make for a fantastic saw for anybody accomplishing encircling work or building decks. The cam lock and metal detent framework for the miter modification framework makes for an exceptionally close, precise, and repeatable cut.
• Trim Molding
If you have a trim undertaking, or in case you’re a craftsman who does a ton of trim embellishment (particularly baseboards and enormous crown shaping), this saw can deal with anything you need it for. You can settle crown forming against the wall, up to a width of 7-1/2″. With the double incline include and the comprehensive slope detent framework, you can rapidly arrange your slant and compound cuts, and not need to stress over flipping the board around for each end. It lessens mix-ups and causes the activity to speed up.
Compound Miter Saw Sliding Pros and Cons
Everything which is made has a right side and a wrong side. Now we will discuss the Pros and Cons of the Compound Miter Saw DWS-709.
A lot of times, these decisions involve one item merely being better than the other. For this situation, be that as it may, the two are from a similar producer and utilize a same engine, and both work admirably at miter and slant cuts. So, the inquiry comes down to cost and flexibility. On the off chance that you need something basic and bright, the DWS709 is a superior decision since it’s more affordable.