Skil 9206-02 is a compact and lightweight that is a good choice for working with for long hours.
Design and build
It’s easy to use the tool with little fatigue on your hand. The Skill reciprocating saw has dimensions of 20.8 by 6 by 3.8 inches making it a good choice for working in tight spaces.
The 120 V reciprocating saw has a powerful metal gear cover that adds to its ruggedness and durability. The blade that comes with the tool is a bit weak and can bend easily. If you are serious about your cutting job, you may want to change this blade. The good news is that it’s easy to do that and you don’t need any special tools.
This is because the saw features a keyless blade clamp. All you need to do is to flick the latch at the top of the tool open and change the blade in a few minutes. This ensures minimal interruption to your task.
A common challenge with most reciprocating saws is that they vibrate a lot making you lose control or get too tired. To overcome this challenge, the cordless Sawzall comes with a counterbalance feature that helps to minimize the vibration, making it easier to work with.
When working on hard materials, the saw can easily slip from your hand.
To add to the stability, it comes with a pivoting foot, making it a great choice for cutting through hard materials. The pivoting foot is a great choice for working on tough materials. If you need a tool that is durable and cost-effective, you may want to consider this model.
The Skil 9206-02 7.5-Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw features a powerful 7.5 AMP motor making it suitable for undertaking a wide range of heavy tasks. While this motor doesn’t make it the most powerful in its class, it still delivers a considerable amount of power. It can cut through a wide range of materials and can be used to cut metal with the right blade.
However, it only comes with one blade that is suitable for cutting wood.
The receptacle saw has a variable speed of 800 to 2700 spm, meaning you can adjust the stroke per minute to suit the material you are cutting.This ensures that no damage occurs to the blade and internal components as the blade can cover more length, meaning less wear and tear.
Here is a summary of the top features of the Skil reciprocating saw.
• Counterbalance. This feature ensures precise and smooth cutting. It reduces the vibration of the saw considerably. This reduces fatigue when working on tough jobs
• Pivoting Shoe. You will at times come across rugged materials that are difficult to cut through. This can result in jagged and low-quality cuts. The role of the pivoting shoe is to prevent this from happening. It provides added stability when cutting tough materials. When combined with the counterbalance feature, it improves the quality of your cuts.
• Tool-less blade change. With this feature, you will not need any special tools to change the blade on the Skil 9206-02 7.5-Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw.
Pro and cons
Before you buy this recip saw, here are the pros and cons of this tool you need to know.
• Easy and tool-less blade change
• Durable and rugged
• Low vibration due to the anti-vibration feature
• Only comes with a weak wood blade
While the Skil Reciprocating Saw is not created for heavy-duty tasks, it will handle a wide range of materials very well. With sturdy metal gear housing, it will last long as long as you care for it well. The manufacturer would have done better by including a sturdier blade. But all in all, this is a great saw that can be a great addition to your toolbox.